Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And all around us people slept alone with their dreams

EEK! I'm so excited I finally finally finally finished my latest journal. This one took me the longest any journal has ever taken me (looking at the number of pages over number of months). I got in sort of a rut in terms of journaling when I finished my last one. I think I just sorta was sad because my last one was really cool/good and I was worried this one wouldn't live up to it (it doesn't), and then I got really busy and got out of the habit of journaling at all. But now I've been inspired by my good friends at The Wandering (where I'm a contributor as well) rekindled my love for journaling. Anyway, I cranked out the last few pages and started a new one in the past few days. Now I'm super excited/into journaling again and I'm starting my "Positive Procrastination Program" where when I want start to procrastinate before homework with something like Facebook or Tumblr, instead I stop myself and make a journal entry. I dunno how well it's gonna work, but I'm hoping it will get me to actually do stuff in my journal at least once a week and maybe even on the daily. I'm super excited about this. Do you guys like journaling? post links to your journal pages/collages. It's actually my biggest form of inspiration. I love love love love this stuff. AHHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited to be back into this! This is the kind of stuff that makes me actually happy and it's so nice to feel that happiness again. It's beautiful and just so amazing and just eek. 
The cover of the diary I just finished (overall I hated this journal, but I do dig the cover...)
 Really really old entry from back in the beginning of the school year (september?) when I wore this.
 Cover page for February with pictures from Winter Ball and a playlisttt
  <3 Valentines Day entry. <3
 Cover page for January--I'm beginning to do a playlist at the beginning of every month 
 Spent over 6 hours on this puppy...probably will spend at least another hour on it touching up/making it look more finished.
 Bitchfacin' at Winter Ball. 
 My last project in art--painted with gouache <3
The cover of my new diary! Molly Ringwald and a crocheted doily with flower eyes and glitter glue? I think I'm in love...with my own diary...
title- Leaves in the River by Sea Wolf
xx
Maya

16 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS PERFECTTTT

    I've always wanted ~amazing journals~ with glitter and kewl stuff in them, but I think I have always been eternally too lazy to do one? When I start my next one in a while, I'm gonna be ~CREATIVE~ and try to do rad stuff in it, and THIS IS THE PERFECT INSPO.

    ALSOOO, your "Positive Procrastination Program" is like GENIUSSSS. I've been trying to do something similar, and I can't wait to JOURNAL IT UP <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're collages are so awesome though!! You could easily just put them all in one place and bam you've got that awesome ~teen vibez~ journal!

      And yes. I'm excited to being the PPP, it will also include writing you letters/making you a cd/whatever for our packages :) :) :)

      Delete
  2. YESSSSS. wow i love this so much. i'm an addicted journaler. I literally journal 24/7, constantly throughout the day. I have a fear or forgetting, so I'm constantly writing things down and taking photos.

    After I've journaled in a journal for like, months of years, it's hard for me to get reattached in the same way to new journals. The journal I just finished was soooo special. The new one I'm writing in now isn't the same. And the cover is already pretty so I need to figure out how to decorate it and make it more special. I always love starting new journals though, I always look forward to starting another one! I can't wait to look back when I'm 40 (and still journaling) at all my journals from my teen years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about getting attached to journals. There are those journals where everything about them is right, and there are others (like this last one I just did) where you can't get over this one thing that's wrong with them. and maybe that has to do with the mood you're in when you start them/are journaling in them, I don't really know, but I do know what you mean about having a hard time getting re-attached to my new journals in the same way. and yes. I will journal until the end of time. I love going in my middle school journals and reading about my obsessions with boys haha it's hilarious and generally wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh your journal is so beautiful and amazing, you're my favourite person in ever <3 <3 <3 My journal entries are more often than that random little scribbles and thoughts that are in no way as pretty as yours. I've just finished a journal(actually that's a lie it was a while ago and I just haven't gotten a new one yet), and I think for my next one I'm going to buy a semi-interesting second-hand book (copying fellow bloggers (as always) (what)) and paste things into it. This is so inspiring and motivating me to get on that. I LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! I love you too!!! haha I have made a journal with a old book too! Just get a short one cuz I always get bored with my journals when my journals are too many pages.
      but journaling is so nice!! Maybe I'll put a small one in your care package!
      I'm so glad I inspired you!!

      Delete
  4. I looooooove Millie on the cover! This has really got me motivated to get working on my own journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you such a perfect and magical being?
    You must be a unicorn, a really really cute unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO inspiring! love your blog!

    xxBianca
    xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. squeaks

    begINS TO SCREAM

    NEVER STOPS SCREAMING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE NOT EVER UNTIL MY VOICE FINALLY GIVES OUT COMPLETELY AT WHICH POINT I JUST MAKE BREATHY HIGH-PITCHED WHEEZING NOISES

    FOREVER AND EVER

    bc thESE ARE SO PERECT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the covers! It reminds me I seriously need to look for my label maker. I love journalling so much ughghhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! I know! My label maker is my life. I have two actually and I'm running out of the tape stuff but I love it!! It makes everything so much prettier.

      Delete
  9. So great! I love all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiiii! I don't know you (found your blog through Rookie haha) but I was wondering where you got your Winter Ball dress from? I love it! Cool journals by the way :) I feel boring, my journals are all just writing, writing, writing in black ink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW'D YOU FIND ME THROUGH ROOKIE OMG TELL MMEEEEEE.
      haha. My Winterball dress was a TOTAL score from Thrift Town. I'm fairly certain it's vintage.
      Mine used to be like that too, but I started doing this and now I find it more satisfying (though I have a bunch of text pages that I don't post because they're angsty/depressed ramblings lol), but text stuff is gonna be so nice to look back on when you're older.

      Delete